Sunday, November 8, 2009

Menu Plan Monday: Week of November 9th.

Last week, I did really well following my menu plan. I never did get around to thawing the whole chicken for the crock pot, so that will get rolled over into this week's plan.



  • Monday: Fried Spaghetti (see below)
  • Tuesday: Bacon, Eggs, Fried Potatoes and Toast
  • Wednesday: Pork & Sauerkraut, Mashed Potatoes, Corn
  • Thursday: Salmon, Rice, Broccoli
  • Friday: Whole Chicken in the Crock Pot
  • Saturday: Pork Chops, Mac n Cheese, Green Beans
  • Sunday: Leftovers


Leftover Spaghetti Tip:

A great way to serve leftover spaghetti is to fry it. Especially, when there isn't a lot of leftover sauce. When we have spaghetti (with meat sauce or plain sauce) for dinner and there is some left, I pack away the leftovers in the same container. Usually by the next day, the pasta has absorbed most of the sauce. Rather then opening another container of sauce (jarred or from the freezer) I will put the leftovers into a frying pan and fry it up until it's heated through. I like it to go a little longer than that and let some of the noodles get a little crispy!


My parents used to do this all the time when I was a kid and it's especially good with meat sauce. But the plain sauce works too! When my husband fries the spaghetti, he adds butter to the pan. I don't think that the butter is needed and prefer it without.


Free Sample:

Also, today, I want to share a free sample link that I found in my weekly email from MySavings.com. Click the icon below to sign up for your free sample.
Dunkin' Donuts. Dunkin' keeps me blogging. Try Dunkin' Donuts Coffee For Free. Get a Sample

I'm not a coffee drinker myself, and hubby doesn't drink Dunkin' Donuts coffee, but the sample could make a nice addition to a small gift since the holidays are coming!


I'll be sharing this post with the following blog carnivals this week:














1 comment:

Jean Stockdale said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a note. Your recipe sounds so good! What a great use for leftovers.

This recipe is no fail for the meringue, unlike the kind on pies. You have to make sure you seperate the eggs without getting any yolk in, and then beat them to peaks before adding the sugar and other things. Try them sometime. These are some of our favorite cookies, and are so easy to make. At the end of my baking day for the holidays-some years I do more and some years less-this is my last recipe and I stick it in the oven and go to bed! In the morning the whole house smells wonderful.

Blessings and stop by again for a visit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...