Thursday, March 18, 2010

CSN Stores / Le Creuset Product Review

Jessica, from CSNstores.com has recently given me the opportunity to choose an item from one of their many online stores to review.

I was given a $30 price range (to include shipping) to shop for something that I'd like to use and review.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I LOVE to shop.  Online, out of a catalog, at the mall.  It doesn't matter.  I LOVE TO SHOP!  And I LOVE a good deal.  So, even though I was shopping with money that wasn't mine, I still wanted to get a good deal. 

CSNstores.com has over 200 stores to choose from!  So, it's like a huge shopping mall right at your fingertips!  So much easier than taking a cranky 10 month-old to the real mall!  (Grace hates the mall.  She must get that from her daddy!) 

Jessica directed me first to the kids bedding section at allchildrensfurniture.com since that's her department.  I loved looking at all the wonderful things for kids' rooms, but since Grace's room is the only finished room in the house, I knew I wouldn't be needing anything for her room.

So, I moved on to one of  CSN Stores other online stores: cookware.com.  I cook everyday (okay okay, maybe not every day, but close), so it seemed that I'd get the most out of the $30 price range and the most use from a kitchen item.

I've always wanted to own something from Le Creuset.  Most of all, one of their enamel coated cast iron dutch ovens.  But I've never been able to figure something that costly into our budget.  I was so pleased to see that cookware.com offers Le Creuset stoneware items in the $30 price range, some even with FREE SHIPPING. 

After lots of thought, I chose the Le Creuset 12" x 9.5" rectangular dish.  The list price was $36 and was on sale for $29.95.  It also happened to be one of the items that offered FREE SHIPPING. 


I chose the Caribbean color since it reminded me of the vintage Fiesta Ware dishes that my great-grandfather had.

After placing my order with Jessica, my package arrived 2 days later!  Wow!  That was fast!  And just so you don't think it arrived that fast since the order was placed with Jessica let me tell you:  after reading my preview post, my friend, Lisa, ordered something from CSNstores and it also arrived 2 days later!  (More about that in a later post!)  

I've used the baking dish 3 times since it arrived on Friday.  I really wanted to  put it to the test in order to give an educated review of the product.   

On Saturday, we had company for dinner.  I decided to make an apple crisp for dessert.  I've never made one before and had no idea that the recipe I used called for WAY too much sugar.  The extra sugar caused the apple crisp to really stick to the pan and I thought for sure that I ruined it. 

Here's what the dish looked like after the apple crisp was eaten: 





I let it soak overnight and it cleaned up great!  Whew!  I don't know what I was thinking trying a new recipe in the baking dish before trying something I knew would turn out!  Especially, since I'm not much of a baker!  But I was anxious to use it and All Day Crock Pot Spaghetti Sauce was already planned for dinner that night. 

Monday night, I made green bean casserole using the dish.  I make that recipe all the time, so I knew it'd turn out perfect and really show how great the baking dish really is! 




This time, clean up was a lot easier.  I let it soak for just about 1/2 an hour and then washed it with a soapy sponge.  Perfect! 

Tuesday night, I made stuffed peppers for dinner.  I had a bunch of peppers that needed to be used up before they spoiled and I was looking for something else to make in the dish!  Perfect! 




This time, clean up was even easier!  I simply rinsed it and put it in the dishwasher!  I wouldn't normally put something like this in the dishwasher, but the care instructions that came with the dish, said that it is dishwasher safe.  And it is! 

In the past, for the recipes I prepared using the Le Creuset baking dish, I would have used a clear glass, rectangular Pyrex baking dish.  And while I still like the Pyrex baking dishes, the Le Creuset looks prettier on the table and cleans up a bit easier.  

You'll probably see this being used a lot in future recipes posted here and on my other blog, My Vintage Kitchen.    

I definitely recommend the Le Creuset 12" x 9.5" rectangular dish. 

Also, my experience with CSN Stores was so great, I just ordered Grace's birthday present from them last night!  I can't wait for it to arrive! 



Disclosure: The product I received was provided by CSNstores.com.  The opinions and views of this product mentioned in this post are my own.

1 comment:

Lisa Babcock said...

Great post, thanks. Is this dish heavy? Conduct heat nicely as you would expect in a Le Creuset?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...